Letter from our CEO
Free COVID-19 Testing
Dear FHCP Member:
What is FHCP doing to prepare for an increase in COVID-19 cases?
- Your FHCP team is focusing on “social distancing” to keep healthy
people from coming in contact with those who may be symptomatic.
- Because the health and well-being of our members is our top priority, FHCP
is exercising increased precaution by rescheduling non-essential appointments.
If you have an upcoming appointment scheduled with a physician at one
of our FHCP Centers over the next few weeks, you may receive a call to
- We encourage you to use telehealth through Dr. on Demand or call you doctors
office to set up an appointment. The copays are waived for general medical
visits through December 31, 2020.
- When visiting our facilities, we encourage members to keep a distance of
at least 6 feet from other individuals. This includes pharmacies, laboratories,
and waiting areas.
What should I do if I suspect I have COVID-19?
If you are not feeling well and you have shortness of breath, fever, or
cough, please call your doctor’s office.
For FHCP Centers, the screening process is as follows:
- You will be prescreened over the phone.
FHCP staff will inquire about your symptoms, recent travel, and contact
with others suspicious for COVID-19
- If an appointment is needed, a team member will set one up for you
- A trained staff member will meet you at the front door, further evaluate
your symptoms and direct you to the appropriate location.
If you would prefer a visit from the comfort of your home, FHCP has partnered
with Doctor On Demand to provide convenient
free video visits, with a board-certified doctor through
December 31, 2020. For additional information, contact
- Flagler Health+ employees, please consult with your HR team for direction
on your telehealth provider’s response to COVID 19.
- Available to all members, you can also visit one of our FHCP Extended Hours
Care Centers. To find the location nearest to you please call (386) 676-7198.
- To schedule an appointment to see your FHCP Staff Primary Care Physician,
please call your doctor’s office.
What can I do to protect myself from COVID-19?
- Although there are currently no vaccines available to protect against COVID-19,
you may be able to reduce your risk of infection by washing your hands
often, avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands,
avoiding close contact with people who are sick, and avoiding large crowds.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, are over 65, or have chronic health
issues, please remain at home while you are sick.
Since the CDC is encouraging people who are ill or at higher risk for COVID-19
remain home as much as possible, please consider filling our prescriptions with
FHCP’s convenient mail order service. You will receive a three-month supply on most of your prescriptions and the shipping is free. Please call 386-676-7126
Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (The hearing impaired may call:
The CDC provided recommendations on postponing or canceling travel. These
are called travel notices and are based on an assessment of the potential
health risks involved with traveling to a certain area. A list of destinations
with travel notices is available here:
https://www.cdc.gov - Coronavirus Travel Notices
Remember by avoiding infection you are not only protecting yourself but
For the most current information, please use the following links for updates
from the CDC, WHO and the FLDOH.
CDC COVID-19 homepage
Last updated on 08/19/2020
“Effective Monday, March 16, 2020
ALL BAM classes are canceled until further notice
The health and safety of our community are our greatest priorities. We
will reevaluate the status of the COVID-19 situation in the coming weeks
to determine when we can continue the BAM classes.
For more information, questions and updates, please contact Mary Martinez
at 386.676.7100 ext. 7293”
For more information, please visit the
CDC website for the latest coronavirus information.