Awards & Recognition
Leading the Way in Quality Florida Health Insurance
For more than 46 years, Florida Health Care Plans has been a leader in
providing quality health insurance plans in Florida. Our integrated approach
and outstanding, hardworking staff has earned us various awards and recognition
over the years. At FHCP, we are honored to have been named a top health
care provider in the state, and strive to consistently provide outstanding,
ongoing service for our members and our community.
Our Awards & Honors
- Voted Best Health Plan for 28 years by News-Journal Readers’ Choice
Source: The Daytona Beach News-Journal 2019 Readers’ Choice Poll
- Voted Best Health Plan by Hometown News
Source: Hometown News 2019 Readers’ Choice
- Voted Best Health Plan in Brevard County
Source: Florida Today Readers 2019 Best of Brevard
- Awarded Healthiest Company Award, Platinum Status by the First Coast
Worksite Wellness Council
- Awarded a 5 Star Rating by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Source: Statistical data from www.medicare.gov - October 2019. Every year,
Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star rating system.
- Awarded “Commendable” Accreditation Status by the National
Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Florida Health Care Plans, Inc. was incorporated as a not-for-profit entity
on June 2, 1971, commenced operations on July 1, 1974, and was federally
qualified on August 21, 1976.
- On January 26th, 1994, FHCP became a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary
of Halifax Community Health System. These transactions were approved by
the Federal and State governments in accordance with all laws and regulations.
FHCP's health care delivery system was unaffected by these changes
- FHCP was initially designated by the Agency for Health Care Administration
as an Accountable Health Partnership in 1994, for the purpose of writing
Small Group coverage in the State of Florida.
- Subsequently, on January 1, 2009, FHCP was acquired and became an affiliate
of Florida Blue. These transactions were approved by the Federal and State
governments in accordance with all laws and regulations. FHCP's health
care delivery system was unaffected by these changes in ownership.
Our Service to the Community
At FHCP, we’re proud to have spent more than four decades serving
our local community of Volusia and Flagler Counties. We take an active
approach to community service through participation in organizations such as:
- Area Chambers of Commerce
- Council on Aging
- PACE Center for Girls
- United Way
- Volusia County Education Foundation (FUTURES)
We are committed to our community, offering educational wellness programs
and high-quality coverage and care our members can count on. Find a Florida
health insurance plan that suits your needs—contact us today to
Page Last Updated: 07/24/2020