Recognition and Awards
- Received a rating of "EXCELLENT" from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Click Here for more information.
- Voted "Best HMO/Health Plan" for 24 consecutive years by News-Journal readers Source: News-Journal 2015 Readers Choice Poll
- FHCP has one of the highest health plan Star Ratings in Volusia, Flagler and Seminole.
4 out of 5 Star Rating for Performance and Quality of Care from CMS. Source: Statistical Data from www.medicare.gov Oct.2015 – ratings are assessed and may change year to year.
- FHCP Is a Platinum Level Worksite Wellness Award Recipient. Florida Health Care Plans earned the First Coast Healthiest Companies Gold Level Worksite Wellness Award for 2014 from the First Coast Worksite Wellness Council and the Mayor's Council on Fitness & Well Being.
- FHCP was rated among one of the highest in "Ease of Getting Care Quickly" "Recommend to your Family & Friends" and Would You Pick Your Plan Again" in Volusia and Flagler counties. Source: floridahealthfinder.gov
- Florida Health Care Plans, Inc. (FHCP) is the the oldest HMO in East Central Florida, and one of the oldest HMO's in United States.
- Florida Health Care Plans, Inc. (FHCP) was incorporated as a not-for-profit entity on June 2, 1971, commenced operations on July 1, 1974, and was federally qualified on August 21, 1976.
- Subsequently, on January 26th, 1994, FHCP became a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of Halifax Community Health System. These transactions were approved by the Federal and State governments in accordance with all laws and regulations. FHCP's health care delivery system was unaffected by these changes in ownership.
- FHCP was also initially designated by the Agency for Health Care Administration as an Accountable Health Partnership in 1994, for the purpose of writing Small Group coverage in the State of Florida.
- Subsequently, on January 1, 2009, FHCP was acquired and became an affiliate of Florida Blue. These transactions were approved by the Federal and State governments in accordance with all laws and regulations. FHCP's health care delivery system was unaffected by these changes in ownership.
Service to our community
- 40 years of service to Volusia & Flagler counties
- Commitment to community service through active participation in organizations such as:
For a Quote, or to Learn More about the Health Care Choices
and Options that are Waiting for You...